1. Jack's parents haven't taken in a boy in 12 years. Why do you think they decided to take Joseph?
2. People are quick to judge. How and why has Joseph been misjudged?
3. Why does Jack follow Joseph off the bus the first day?
4. Why do you think Joseph walks out onto the Alliance when it isn't safe?
5. Could Joseph or Jack have done anything differently about the fight?
6. What did you like about this novel?
7. Who would you recommend this book to?
8. If a student loved Orbiting Jupiter, what book would you recommend next?