So I tried reading 31 books for the month of January and I made it. The list of the 31 can be found here. What I noticed though is that
- I struggled keeping the novels straight afterwards as they all began to blur
- I struggled with the rest of my life. Attempting this did not help with my marking load or my laundry pile.
- I started becoming pickier about what I was about to read. I certainly wasn't tackling any Sarah J. Maas tomes.
- I did end up reading more graphic novels and I enjoyed talking about them with my eldest who is an avid graphic novel reader.
- I also read a lot of younger novels in the collection (grade 6/7), novels that I tend to avoid.
Would I do the challenge again? No. This challenge reinforced that balance is key in one's life. Also, putting pressure on myself to complete the challenge took a bit of fun out of reading and that's just something I can't let happen again.
Am I up for a different challenge? You bet. In fact, I'm doing the #HubChallenge. If you are interested in joining, check it out here.