Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Change

To say change is hard is understatement. Change is hard. It's also frightening and nerve-wracking but if I look past those emotions, I recognize that change is exciting as well.

I have an administrator who, in his own way, encourages change. I think what he's trying to say is don't be content with where you are - push the boundaries and always look for areas of growth. Sometimes that's hard to do if you are looking at the same four walls, interacting with the same colleagues, and wrestling with the same curriculum year after year.

At CNB, we are looking at many changes ahead. We have new curriculum in all subjects for this September. And we are also looking at possible grade realignment for the following September as we move from a 7-9 school to a traditional middle school of 6-8 as our enrollment goes up. As a result, we have staff looking to move this year, while others will move next year. June is typically an emotional time of the year but I foresee an emotional year ahead as we face so many changes.

For myself, I'm looking at starting my 13th year at CNB and some might think it's time for me to look at changing. I decided last year that moving to a different school wasn't really something that appealed to me because I have no desire to tackle a new collection or spend years developing trust so I can collaborate. But I also recognized that I didn't want to stay and become stagnant. I'm looking forward to implementing the new curriculum and the fabulous projects we will create for the curriculum.

Don’t be afraid of change, because it is leading you to a new beginning. -Joyce Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment